June 11, 2010

BBQ Chicken Sammiches


The Hubsie was out of town for a day so when he came back I wanted to make something fun and easy. I had been thinking about Barbecue Chicken Sammiches so, that's what I made.

I took 2 chicken breasts and butterflied them to make 2 pieces out of each, 4 pieces total. I wanted them thinner so they would cook up faster and more evenly. I marinated them in pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flake and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce, for about an hour. I preheated our outdoor electric grill to about medium-low and I placed the chicken on. I cooked them about 5 minutes per side. After I flipped them once I basted with more barbecue sauce.

Once cooked through I took them off the grill and placed them on these great hamburger buns that I picked up from Blackbird Baking. The rolls came in plain or with sesame seeds. I have been loving sesame seeds lately, they are my favorite bagel when I go to Einsteins and I love them now on anything it seems. These hamburger buns were so good!! A bit pricey but I think totally worth it, they were kinda dense, but really soft and had great flavor.

While the chicken was cooking on the grill I boiled some corn on the cob to go on the side. I didn't know what else to make on the side, so my plate looks kinda boring. But the sammiches were great! I wish I had used more barbecue sauce actually, they needed more flavor. Also I guess I could have added some greens to the sammies, but I didn't have any, I just used what I had. There is mayo on the sandwiches as well, I thought about adding a slice of provolone but I wasn't sure about cheese and barbecue.

Barbecue Chicken Sammiches

Eat, Drink and Be Merry!!

-BellaRosa

No comments:

Post a Comment