June 29, 2010

Rich Lemon Muffins: For Just a Girl Baking's Birthday


Its my dear friend, Lyndsey's Birthday!! She is the creator and blogger of Just a Girl Baking. Since she is always baking for other people I like to bake for her sometimes. She handles the cake baking, I am more of a muffin baking kinda girl. I find they are super easy to whip up and they are always moist and delicious.

I had some lemons left over from my experimenting last night, (see Lemon Cream Rotini) and I thought Lemon Muffins would be really good, and I know she really enjoys citrus. So I looked up lemon muffin recipes online and found this great one that I actually had all the ingredients for! I adapted the cooking time for the use of making mini-muffins, cause mini-muffins are way cuter.

Rich Lemon Mini-Muffins
Makes 36 mini-muffins
(original recipe can be found here.)

2 cup unbleached flour (I used all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 T
1 T baking powder1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)2 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon

Heat oven to 400 and spray/grease your muffin tins.

Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.

Melt butter, and remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, eggs, and most of lemon zest, reserve some for garnish.

Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well moistened.

Spoon the batter into muffin tins. Combine the remaining 2 T of sugar and the reserved lemon zest and sprinkle on top of each muffin. Bake for 7 minutes, until lightly golden, do not overbake.

Rich Lemon Mini-Muffins

I really think she is going to enjoy these. They are really light, summery and quite refreshing. Plus it's always nice to return someones tupperware filled with something for them to enjoy. You should try this recipe, it took hardly no time to make and they are great!


Happy Birthday to Lyndsey-Loo!!!

Eat, Drink and Be Merry...and celebrate a friend's birthday!

-BellaRosa

1 comment: