June 25, 2010

Picture Taking Fun - What Happens When You're Bored

These are just some pictures I took while I was bored. I had gone to the store to get some provisions for making my Spicy-Honey Glazed Sliders and I bought the cutest little baby red boston lettuce and then some great foccacia rolls from Blackbird Baking Co. across the street. Later that day I made some deviled eggs as well and I just didn't post them so I guess they will end up here. Enjoy.
Foccacia Rolls from Blackbird Baking Co.


Baby Red Boston Lettuce for Sliders


BONUS RECIPE! If you actually looked at this boring post, you get a bonus recipe for Deviled Eggs!! Woo! Congratulations!

So deviled eggs are fairly easy as long as you remember how to make the perfect hard boiled eggs. And now that I am posting this maybe I can stop pestering my mom every time I go to make them, cause I always doubt myself at remembering how to do hard boiled eggs.

Hard Boiled Eggs:

Place eggs in large pot and cover with cold water. Place on heat, covered and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain hot water and replace with cold and add ice cubes to cool down the eggs to stop the cooking. Once cooled peel and make your deviled eggs.

Deviled Eggs:

Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise, and remove the yolks to a bowl. Mash up the egg yolks and add mayo and brown, spicy mustard. Really you can use any mustard you like. I have tried stadium mustard and dijon and they are both great as well. I don't really have measurements for this because...well I go by texture and taste so I add a bit here and there until I like it. I know...real specific.

Place the yolk mixture into a plastic baggies, cut off tip and squeeze the filling into the waiting egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika and serve. Refrigerate in an air-tight container lined with paper towel.

Deviled Eggs

Happy Picture-Taking!!

-BellaRosa

1 comment: