July 21, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies


I had my eldest brother and fam. coming over for dinner and I saw this recipe posted from Brown Eyed Baker (who adapted it from My Baking Addiction) and knew I had to make them for my dinner guests. I was glad I was having dinner guests cause I really wanted an excuse to make this blondies and not have a whole pan of them to myself and Hubsie...we don't need that!

These bars were really easy to make and didn't take any time at all. I was making them while my hands were burning from handling some jalepenos, so they were easy enough I could make them while in pain...*sigh*

Snickerdoodle Blondies
(original by Brown Eyed Baker here.)

2-2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup (8 oz.) butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 T vanilla extract2 T granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.

2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.

3. Beat together butter, brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir in rubber spatula or wooden spoon to make sure flour is incorporated.

4. Spread dough evenly in your prepared pan. Batter will be think an off-set spatula works great here. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top springs back when pressed (I checked with a toothpick. Inserting it and seeing if it came out clean.) Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Crunchy Cinnamon-y Sugary Tops :)

These were freaking delicious!! I think I totally forgot to add baking powder...but they were fine! The had a nice sweetness and went great with a nice hot cup of jasmine green tea. I love the density they had, but that could be because I forgot the baking powder...hahah :) I'm a "middle piece" kinda girl, but I had an end piece and it was equally delicious. It had great flavor and a nice crunchy top from the cinnamon sugar...I will definitely make these again! Oh and my 3 year-old nephew devoured his! He is pretty picky so that is a big feat!! Auntie did a good job!

Avan hugs for Auntie


Eat, Drink and Be Merry...and check out some great food blogs for recipes!

-BellaRosa

No comments:

Post a Comment