April 13, 2010

Recommended Reading

If you are into the Twilight series like I am, then I totally recommend reading this book. It is the beginning of a new series by Maggie Stiefvater called the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series. Geek Alert: If you are on Team Jacob, then this book is great! It's like getting the Bella/Jacob story you wanted...kinda. These wolves function differently and come into being wolves differently. I don't mean to compare these books at all, but it's hard when you read the Twilight series and find another series with werewolves.

Shiver is the first book in the series and it centers around 2 main characters, Sam and Grace. Grace was taken as a child into the woods by wolves and was left, considerable unharmed, but to this day she still watches the woods and sees a wolf is always watching her. She becomes infatuated, obsessed, with this wolf with yellow eyes, "her wolf", that seems to be waiting for her in the woods behind her house. Sam is that wolf with the yellow eyes. He saved her from being killed by his pack of wolves, all werewolves, has been watching her ever since, for 6 years. It is a great teen love story. Very sweet, and romantic and a great first love story. I really loved it, I read it in a day...It was so good!! To me it was "Twilight-good!"

The next book in the series in titled Linger. It is due out in July. I can't wait for it to come out, I am really excited. Definitely anticipating whats gonna happen. I love the chemistry between Grace and Sam and I really want to see what more can come from this story, cause I know they are gonna have some difficulty of some sort with the way the first book ended pretty happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment