April 19, 2010

Recommended Reading

Oh man! I have been reading some good books lately and of course I keep reading ones were the series doesn't continue until July or October...argh. Oh well...My recommendation this week:

The Maze Runner
This is the first book in "The Maze Runner" Sci Fi book series by James Dashner. It's a crazy story. There is the place called the Glade where all these teenage boys dwell and every month a new boy shows up in this contraption called "The Box." The book starts with Thomas, the newest boy to enter the Glade being transported in "The Box." It's his story of meeting all these boys and trying to figure where he is and why he's there, and why they are all there and why are the surrounded on all sides by a maze??!!? So many questions, no answers. A lot of the boys there have been there for 2 years and they still have no figured out the Maze surrounded the Glade. They have Runners who go out everyday to try and figure it out, find a way out, find an escape. It's a great book, obviously you get more answers at the end. It's a great read. I was in it, I felt scared when he did, I felt anxious and nervous when he did. It was a fun book to read. It reminded me a little bit of the Hunger Games, so I really enjoyed it. And like the Hunger Games this book was recommended to me from my good friend Michele.

There is a 2nd and 3rd book coming out for "The Maze Runner" series. The next book comes out in October and it's called The Scorch Trials. I can't wait. And, sorry to compare, but just like Hunger Games, they end the books with "This is the end of Book One" so they make you wanting more!! Such a good book, can't wait to see what the rest of the series brings!

Happy Reading!

-BellaRosa

No comments:

Post a Comment