February 20, 2010

Book of the Week

So apparently this is gonna be more than just about food...haha... With my job, I don't have much to do so I read...A LOT! So I thought it might be fun to share what books I am currently reading or have just finished and then maybe it will give you and idea on what to read next or if you have read it you can tell me what you thought.

Feb. 20: Incarceron by: Catherine Fisher


(From Goodreads.com) "Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery...A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born ..."

My Thoughts:

I found this book to be very exciting. I was always wondering what was gonna happen next or if they were gonna meet and what not. Actually I am still in the process of reading it, so some of these questions are still unanswered. I do like that it has a slight fantasy feel to it and like a lot of the idea the book toys with, like the "living-breathing prison" and how her world is suppose to embody another era. You never what time or place it is taking place which is also kinda of intriguing, cause you could almost read it as taking place now.

*Note: Ok I just finished it and I have to say it was pretty good! It definitely leaves room for the next book, which for some reason they don't have on the library website...hmmmm. But I thought it was great and it had a good story. Sometimes I got a little lost as to what they were doing exactly. Some of the stuctures they would describe I wouldn't understand what they were talking about, or I didn't know how to picture it to get the idea of what they needed to do. But overall it was a good book!



No comments:

Post a Comment