August 25, 2010

Recommended Reading: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

This best sums it up: "Simultaneously tragic, and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying and loving."

"On a day that started like any other..." The main character Mia finds herself in a place between life and death. In the matter of a day she needs to make a decision, to stay or go. She looks back at memories and life experiences, but also looks ahead to what she will have to go through if she decides to stay.

I loved the way this book was written, I loved the characters. Her parents were great characters, her little brother was a great, her boyfriend and their relationship were flawless. It was great, short read and I highly recommend it...

I didn't really get too emotional until the last 20 pages or so. All the emotion she was feeling and how her decision time grew closer and closer, it was a lot to think about...I think this book was great and had me enthralled and hanging on every memory and every person she had in her life.

In the back of the book, since this story relied heavily on music, there is a list of the songs mentioned and why the author chose them and what they meant to her as she attached them to certain characters.

Please check out If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Happy Reading!

-BellaRosa

No comments:

Post a Comment