August 1, 2010

Recommended Reading: Stolen

I sometimes forget how I come across these books but I feel like I found this one on Goodreads or in the back of another book or something, but it was a great find! The book that I stumbled upon was Stolen by Lucy Christopher.

You saw me before I saw you

A girl: Gemma, at the airport, on her way to a family vacation

You had that look in your eyes

A guy: Ty, rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar, eyes blue as ice

Like you wanted me

She steps away. For just a second. he pays for her drink, and drugs it.

Wanted me for a long time

He takes her, before she even knows what's happening.
To sand and heat.
To emptiness and isolation.
To nowhere.
And expects her to love him.

Written as a letter from a victim to her captor,
this is Gemma's desperate story of survival.
Ty has Stolen her body. Against every instinct screaming inside her,
will he also steal Gemma's heart?

Lucy Christopher
(found on inside of book jacket)

This was a great find. Emotional, horrifying, intriguing and overall gives you that uncomfortable feeling...I really enjoyed it!

This book is written as a letter from a victim to her captor. Its quite interesting, hearing the details she goes into and what she was feeling and what she experienced. I mean it's all fiction, but it seems real, and you are rooting for her to get away. It is crazy to read and wondering what he's gonna do to her. Is he going to hurt her? Why did he capture her? What is his motive? Is he mentally insane? Crazy intense stuff. I think this book was magic.



You tilted my face and said something.
Everything about you was fuzzy, floating on the trash fumes.
Your beautiful mouth was moving like a caterpillar. I reached out and tried to catch it.
You took my fingers in yours.
Some part of me understood. I started to get undressed...


Lucy Christopher
(found on back cover of book)


I really, truly recommend it, especially if you've read The Lovely Bones or Lucky by Alice Sebold, it seemed similar to me in ways, so you might enjoy it if you've read that.


Happy Reading!

-BellaRosa

No comments:

Post a Comment